As a kid, I absolutely LOVED mint chocolate chip ice cream, so when I saw this mint chocolate chip cookie recipe on Pinterest, I had to add it to FoodOddity’s pantry.
Recipe and photo from Betty Crocker
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 6 to 8 drops of green food color
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color, and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.
2. Using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.